Anyone have kids that attend "The Goddard School"?

I am really interested in parents opinions on their experience with The Goddard School. I know each one is a franchise and I am looking at putting my 18 month old son into one in northern, KY and wanted to know if anyone has kids attending and if you believe your kids are enjoying it and basically are you getting your money's worth.

wendydays

Asked by wendydays at 6:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in

• The Goddard School by me in Arizona is fantastic. My son has attended there since he was an infant. One of the many reasons we chose the school was because they DON'T have a canned curriculum. In fact, they hire credentialed teachers who write their own curriculum. I have seen my son's teacher adapt to the needs and interests of the children in the class. He has learned so much! Sign language, Spanish and even yoga. He loves school and I love that he is with caring professionals all day. They are definitely not a day care. They are a school. I would recommend you check the Goddard by you out.
    3funmonkeys

Answer by 3funmonkeys at 9:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I've worked with childcare providers for the past 8 years and personally am not a fan of any franchise child care. IMO childcare is not something that should be franchised like a fast food joint. In my experiences they are very tied to a corporate policy handbook and they use a "canned" curriculum vs creating one around the likes and learning styles of each classroom.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 6:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011