How did you decide your career?

I went to school for medical assisting and I always wanted to be a nurse. However in light of my experiences with my ex (abusive) I was thinking about become a domestic violence advocate. They both take 4 years and a RN makes alot more money.I love to help people and either one seems like it would fullfill that part of me. What would you do?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I wasted yrs and money on doing things I thought I'd like then I took an aptitude test at the unemployment office and found the fields I would be best in. They gave me two options by testing my skills. Both fields were great for me. I chose one then retired from that field and went in to the second field. They should offer those in high school and/or college.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If you like both fields equally as well go for the better pay. Make sure you like the sciences and math that the nursing will require. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Navy--I went to college and got my Associate's. There were no jobs in the field I chose. I also wanted to get out of the area and see different parts of the world and country. Now I am a civilian contractor working around the navy so I have the best of both worlds.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011