What was your reaction when the doctor told you It's a BOY or It's GIRL?

with the first one i they told me it was a girl first and i was happy then they go oh no it's a boy... my face dropped cause i thought they were stupid.. but all the same i was really happy and excited... come this Thrusday i'll be finding out what our second child will be.. i'm exctied about that to... i really don't care if it's a boy or a girl... but just so i can start getting ready and call the baby by there name.

Lynnsae

Asked by Lynnsae at 7:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We were excited, but we didn't care whether it was a boy or a girl, we just wanted to know either way.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I found out at 20 weeks with my daughter and was STOKED because I wanted a girl SOOO bad lol. With my son my husband told me at the birth. That was even better. To hear him say "It's a boy!" was so exciting and fulfilling.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 7:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When they told me it was a boy ( I saw first) I cried because it just became that much more real. I was so excited! It brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it! Other than my son being born it was one of the happiest moments in my life! I would have been happy either way... awww now you got me all emotional lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i was 5 months when i learned i was pregnant. i felt something move inside and took a test however days later i started cramping bad and so i ended up at l and d. they did and us and told us it was a boy. hubby and i were crying. i was told at 17 i wouldn be able to have kids. so this was a blessing then a yr later i found out i was pregnant again. when we went for that ultrasound the tech asked if we wanted to know. we said yes. he typed YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! again we were really excited for that.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 7:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• After three boys, I really wanted another one. The thought of a girl scared me. I wasn't a girly girl and was afraid that I wouldn't know what to do with a girl. My husband wanted a girl as we had a boy at home and he thought one of each would be nice (the other two boys were my first husbands and he had custody of them. I raised them from preschoolers to teenagers). I honestly felt relief when they said it was a boy. I would have figured the girl thing out, but it kinda scared me.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I was excited both times! I had a boy then twin girls!
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 7:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I was so happy when the doctor said ITS A BOY!!! because first of all this is going to be my first child, and me and my s.o. were hoping for a boy :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When the ultrasound tech said, "It's a boy!!" I said, "there go the girl scout cookies". He cracked up laughing. I am so glad that I had a boy, I wouldn't trade him for anything, even girl scout cookies. LOL!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• No one else told me; I was the Teller!
    ;-D

It felt SOOO GREAT!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• With my first we waited and I got to discover what she was on my own. This pregnancy we found out at 28 weeks, and I was a little surprised it's another girl, but that's because everyone had been guessing boy and i was focusing on the differences between the pregnancies, now i'm excited and glad i can say she and even start using her name (though we're keeping that secret from family and friends)
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 8:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011