Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is roughly worded but if you good with legal advice then your the perfect person to answer :) adult content

ok so me and my boyfriend got into a big fight, he hit me but not hard and not enough to hurt me. but i was pissed! and called the cops i was already crying and mad cos the argument i think the tears made everything ting 100times worse then it actually was. he was arrested, and the state picked up the charges. we have talked through things and have been having sex and everything, we have a 3month old daughter andwant to work things out. not just for her but because we do love eachother things just got outta hand. ANYWAYS today was court stupid didnt talk to his lawyer before court in person and the lawyer just requested trial which we didnt want we just wanted to end this as quickly as possible without him getting jail time. the charges are domestic battery MA. which i think the MA is because the baby was in the house while we were arguing. any advice on how to end this so everything works out we have a state issued restraining order that is some bullshit! we ignore it but theres always the fear he will get caught over here and they will arrest him. we both want to be with eachother please help.

Answer Question

Asked by Rachelxbby at 7:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

Level 18 (6,158 Credits)
Answers (15)
  • I went through the same thing.... then he started to strangle me and choke slam me infront of my son.... I don't know what to tell you besides don't be dumb like I was and stay with a man that would hit you.

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • You can talk to his lawyer, but do to all the murders from domestic violence and the fact that your child was there you can not have this dropped and you can both be arrested for violating the restraining order and you can have cps called on you for child endangerment because of it. This is in the courts hands now.


    Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • i rly dnt think he will hit me again, cos hes never hit me before unless i was going crazy on him. i just wanna know how to get these charges and the restraining order dropped.

    Comment by Rachelxbby (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • You can not because of what the charges are the victim can not have them dropped. There is very good reason for it too.


    Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • These charges belong to the state attorney now, my husband is an attorney here in Miami, just recently there was a woman who refused to testify against her boyfriend because they had made up just like in your case and she got arrested for refusing to do so. It is up to the State attorneys office if these charges will be dropped not you.

    Answer by older at 7:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • , "cos hes never hit me before unless i was going crazy on him."

    OP just for clarification before I actually answer.. Has he hit you more than once during this relationship?


    Answer by pixie_trix at 7:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • it's up to the state, it's out of your hands now

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • Legal advice is always best when given my a legal professional like a lawyer. Now if you want opinions about your current domestic situation bashing might be the result.

    Answer by meooma at 7:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • -hes never hit me before unless i was going crazy on him

    ....I think you both need anger management classes because that's no type of home for a child to be raised in. Sorry, I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.

    Answer by Nanixh at 7:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

  • You can't drop the charges bc the state charged him not you.

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.