Does anybody have this problem?

We have a cat that is approximately 2 years old. He is a beautiful cat but we are having serious problems with him urinating on the scatter rooms all throughout the house. As soon as we wash one he goes right back to the rug and we start the process all over. He has been neutered as well. I'm just at my whits end on how to stop this cat. His litter box is always clean and never moved to a new location. What can I do to stop this cat from doing this? He loves attention but unfortunately for him we have a 2 yr old and a 6 month old that eats up alot of our time which takes away from the cat. I think at times he's just jealous and starving for attention.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pets

• There are many reasons why a cat will do this. SOmetimes, it may seem like very small things that stress them. If you havn't already you should take him to the vet and have his urine checked. There are medical conditions that can cause cats to pee and they can't help it. If it truly is behavioral there are things you can do there as well. If you only have one litter box get a second one. If the litter box is older get a new one because sometimes cats will stop using them because they can smell something we can't no matter how well they get cleaned. You might also try a kitty litter called cat attract. There is also something called comfort zone with feliway plug in. This helps cats who are stressed for whatever reason and in cases cats will stop the unwanted behavior. Medication like Prozac may also help. I had to use Prozac for my 15 yr old cat when she suddenly stopped using the box as a last resort and it did the tric
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You are right he is jealous either that or a medical problem, I would have him checked out by a vet.

Answer by older at 7:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• THe only cats that I have ever known to do that regularly have wound up being diagnosed with a UTI or kidney issues of one kind or another. Please take him to a vet. It's their only way of telling you something is wrong with them.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 7:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with the two previous posters.
    It sounds like he might have a medical problem and should be looked at by a vet before assuming it's automatically a behavior issue.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 7:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have taken him to vet before and they found nothing. Of course this was about six months ago as it all started around the time the baby was born. That's why I'm thinking it's jealousy but I will take him again and have him checked out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2011