Feeling a little stressed and that there isn't enough time...

Hey everyone ♥

I am at 34 weeks this coming friday with my first child ♥

I unfortunately have been placed on bed rest since Feb, and i feel as if nothing is going to be ready for our little girl... I just feel like there is so much to do and so little that i can actually do to get the house and her stuff all ready, set up, washed and organized for her...

Anyone else in the same situation or has experience this before?

What do you do or how did/are you coping with it?

***IF anyone would also like to be friends or chat, please feel free to message me or add me! It would be nice to talk to some mommies that share similar situations with me***

Thanks girls! xoxox♥xoxox

xXShutterflyXx

Asked by xXShutterflyXx at 7:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hi i also was on bed rest with one of my sons since i was 15 weeks and felt like nothing was done or ready so one day me and the hubby set down and made plans for his room and to wash and put away all his stuff and my husband did it over the weekend and i felt like i was part of it becouse i helped with the plans so i didnt feel as helpless hope this helps
    carringfor4

Answer by carringfor4 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I went to the hospital at 39 weeks and a couple days and I didn't even have my bag packed. My Dh had finished painting the nursery the weekend before and our crib was still on order. Turns out all you really need is something to dress them in, blankets to wrap them in, a way to feed them, and a place to change them and put them to sleep. That's really it. You don't need much else the first few weeks. And if someone offers help, accept it. If they say "Oh, if there's anything I can do..." don't be afraid to say that you need some help with the laundry or organizing. Any good friend would be willing to give you an hour or two of time and you can repay the favor at a later date when they need something. Really, don't stress over what you can't do. Have your car seat ready and your bag packed and the rest will fall into place when the baby comes. Once you look into those eyes you really won't care if the nursery is perfect. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 7:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Take a deep breath!!! The good thing is that baby right out of the hospital is not very demanding and don't need that much. Right now the only things you have to have ready are:

Some clothes
    Bed
    bottles
    Carseat
    Bags for the hospital
    diapers
    wipes
    receiving blankets
    diaper bag

The rest can all get done after that baby is born!!! Right now the only thing I have is the bed and my DH got the carseat out of the basement. I plan on packing our bags in the next week or so. I too am on bed rest and will get the other things done when it is safe for me to get around again.

Good Luck!!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Wow same story here, almost. I am 33 weeks been on bed rest since forever.. my way of getting things done.. I have a wonderful husband whom I nag to death. We made a list and have been setting up since they put me on bed rest at 8 weeks. I found out I was pregnant and then stuck in a bed.. but um I cheat.. I sneak and do things here and there just trying not to over work my self.. granted I have been to the hospital a few times.. the main thing is not to worry just have someone who can help you if you have someone.. just don't stress the baby doesn't need it right now. Things you need..

Car seat
    clothing for her
    blankets for her
    diapers and wipes
    a place for her to sleep
    however you are going to feed have that sorted..

Once you have those sorted you can worry about the small things.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 9:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011