What's your "Soapbox Issue"?

Mine is abuse; be it domestic, verbal, child abuse, animal abuse, emotional abuse - whatever - if the word abuse can be tagged onto it, I'll climb on that ole soapbox and boldly speak my peace about it - and I make no bones about it either. But the one that makes me just furious (and usually fitfully furious at the victim) is Domestic Violence - It just really rubs me the wrong way when I see or hear young girls making excuses for their abusive men. I just wanna grab em and press their faces to the window of an ICU room where a woman, half dead, fights for her life because she made excuses for her man one too many times instead of leaving.

So what's you Soapbox Issue - that one subject that just makes your radar go up and hell-be-damned if you'll ever apologize for your opinion on the subject.

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 7:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Abortion... a woman's own choice.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm sure I have a few, but I'd say accountability. We don't hold anyone accountable for things anymore. We are all accountable for the choices we make, and if we make poor choices we have to accept the consequences...this can spill over into other issues, but I won't go off on a tangent!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Spanking . . .not okay. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Abortion. Life begins at conception,and it's murder.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Abuse, like you. Growing up I was a victim of verbal, mental and emotional abuse. My first husband left ONE bruise and that was the end of him.
    Deaf rights.
    Protecting children.
    Politicians and all their lies and BS.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• *Homeschooling (for it)
    *Vaccination (parents' choice)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oh, I'm so fond of my old soapbox. I have to say I have quite a few issues that will set me off. Abuse is one (especially when people get to victim blaming, not ok), so is the importance of education, and I also, of late, tolerance for gay/lesbian/trans (etc.) people. I don't feel there's enough of it, at present.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 8:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Nursing in public. If you don't feel comfortable with it or don't nurse your own kids, that's your deal, but my baby needs to eat so keep it to yourself.

Support for the troops.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Racism. Point blank. I don't care what race it's coming from...it's just wrong.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:39 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• abuse
    rights (gay, race, nursing mothers, pro-choice, etc.)
    illiteracy
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 10:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011