When did your babies start talking?

My daughter is about to hit 8 months old and she actually calls me Da Ma and her dad Dada...

Babyduche

Asked by Babyduche at 12:10 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, my DS is 11 months old and all he says is, mmmma over and over for me. I think it may be because his sister who is 3 talks for him if that makes any sense.
    momofana82

Answer by momofana82 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son is 14 months and still isn't talking.
    supershlea

Answer by supershlea at 12:13 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My first said 'hi dad' when she was 3 weeks old. It was hilarious and would have just been random noises except she was looking at him at the time. Normal speech develops out of babble, which starts around the middle of the first year for kids who have the noises they make repeated back to them (and can hear).

One daughter was speaking in sentences well before 2, the other at around 2. Lots of boys (and some girls) are much later than that.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:14 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter was 7 months
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 12:38 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My 9- month old just started saying "mama" and was saying "dada" at 6-months. But boy, was he babbling at just a few weeks!!
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:39 AM on Aug. 2, 2009