How many holdiays do you decorate your house for??

My good friend has a holiday tree up all the time. (only about 3.5 feet) in her kitchen. She decorates it for all the major ones Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, 4 of July, St. Paddy, and then the smaller ones, President's day, Labor day, mothers and fathers day and her kids birthday.

I think she is kind of crazy. Let me know what you think.

juliemomx2

Asked by juliemomx2 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Holidays

• My mom used to do most of the holidays. If we had more time and money, I'd do most of them. Right now, we do some decor for Christmas, but that's about it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• we usually go all out on christmas. thats basically the only holiday.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Christmas I have many decorations for & this year hope to string lights up outside on our deck!
    Halloween we have sevearl things for too (hit a good sale this past year 90% off of zillions of items even large scarecrows!)
    Easter & Valentines & Thanksgiving day I have a couple things for

I do craft projects with my daughter for all of them though including other culture/countries holidays to help teach her about them. Lots of time we hit the dollar tree & I will allow my daughter to spend a few bucks on that holiday decor like I did the other day &we picked out some garland with easter eggs on them then I hung it up over our kitchen bar (kind of cute!).
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• 1-x-mas

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My big holiday I decorate for is Halloween. It's my oldest's birthday, which makes it that much more fun! He's going to be 14 this year, so we're doing a huge Masquerade ball with a live band for his B-Day. Christmas is huge too - we don't really celebrate it as Christmas, but Solstice, so we go all out then too! The only other "Holiday" Is my youner DS's birthday....at the end of July! But that's about it!
    wennyvw

Answer by wennyvw at 8:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• lil too much...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We decorate for many seasons and holidays.. Inside and out. Since we never go anywhere. We decorate to make our home cheery. Since we bought many pretty collectibles. They're meant to be enjoyed, displayed and put out. But After Cancer & side effects. I drop and break too many things. My body/hands just lets things drop. But we try to do our best! I Love to decorate. But I can't clean well. If I had someone to help me clean. I could do better. But do what you can and what makes you Happy!! Like when we decorate for Valentine's day.. I display old Valentines and antiques ones.. The first one DH gave me.. And this Cute valentines' day mobile. Made by one of our DD's!! They're 32 & 27. Neither knows for sure which one made what! But one DD is an Artist. Nice displays and collections are mood boosters. We need all we can get!! I even do a big pink display of my Cancer metals, decor and what not.. A fight until I die!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2012