What would an appropriate "snack to share" be for a group playdate @ the park?

I've never done this, but I'm going on a "mommy blind date", aka, meeting a playdate group at the park, where I don't know anyone there! I will be showing up late due to my work schedule and the invite says to bring a snack to share... What could I bring that is quick, easy, and appropriate? I don't wanna seem cheap and throw down a bag of goldfish, but it's probably about what i'll have time and energy for after work! Plus, i don't wanna bring any sort of plate that could break or that i'd end up having to leave with people i don't know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't see anything wrong with goldfish, the snack is for the children and what kid doesn't love goldfish. Pretzels are a good idea, or dried fruit. Don't stress about the snack, enjoy the fact that you're meeting some moms in your area you may become friends with.
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You could make up a healthy trial mix. combine goldfish, cheerios, rasins, and mini pretzels in cute ziplock bags. I do this all the time when I go out with my dd and she needs a snack on the go. It has a little of everything for everyone.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I did this once and brought semi Horizon brand organic yogurt tubes. Was an enormous hit, esp since I made sure to bring a few extras and all of the same flavor so no need for the grabier kids to be rooting thru my mini cooler
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011