What is an appropriate "snack to share" for a playdate @ the park?

I've never done this, but I'm going on a "mommy blind date", aka, meeting a toddler playdate group at the park, where I don't know anyone there! I will be showing up late due to my work schedule and the invite says to bring a snack to share... What could I bring that is quick, easy, and appropriate? I don't wanna seem cheap and throw down a bag of goldfish, but it's probably about what i'll have time and energy for after work! Plus, i don't wanna bring any sort of plate that could break or that i'd end up having to leave with people i don't know...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• It partly depends on what sort of impression you'd like to make on the others there. At my grocery store you can buy bags of apple slices already cut up and seeded, that would be a nice healthy snack to share and easy for you, no preparation, and no plate needed.

Otherwise some savory crackers, that shares amongst a larger group, or some of those little snack cakes that come in packs of 8 or 10 or sometimes more. How many others will be there?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Goldfish are always good. Cut up fruit and/or veggies with dip are always good (and the moms will he thrilled). Pirates Booty is another popular one. Pretzels, things like that are always good. You can also bring juice boxes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You could bring a few bananas that can be sliced in half for each child.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Pretzels, goldfish, cheese its. Anything like that would be fine. Do you have to bring a drink? I would bring apple juice boxes.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Grapes in little bunches
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with judimary prepackaged apples and carrots and such. Being a mom to a child that is allergic to bread, dairy, and chocolate crackers, goldfish, and such would not be okay and my lil one would be left out. So if nothing else have an eclectict patch to choose from.
    Godspitgrl

Answer by Godspitgrl at 8:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Few slices of apple/pear/oranges and grapes in a baggie all ready made up and some bottled water. Don’t forget some handy wipes.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Grapes are good because the children can have small serves without making a mess. Cheese cubes. Pieces of carrot, as long as the children can hold them easily. Chop up the food during your break time instead of having a cuppa.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 2:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• go with the goldfish. and maybe some fruit.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 11:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2011