Horrible "morning sickness" ... worried about the holidays.

for christmas we will be flying to the inlaws. I will be almost 12 weeks by then. I am extremely clastrophobic on airplanes, i get so sick and get migranes. Im nervous that its going to be double duty. Should I be feeling better by then? With my first child, I never had morning sickness, but wowa this time around....I wont have a Dr. appotinment until the day I leave, and Im wandering now, if you know its safe to take dramamine? And if m/s should be over by then since I will be almost in my 2nd Tri.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It starts to subside after 12 weeks or so but if you have it really bad it can continue. I had it bad with three of mine and was throwing up to the end. It wasnt AS bad as the early pregnancy but was still there (smells, certain foods etc). I would just take it as easy as possible. I was also in my morning sickness stage with two of my kids for christmas. I just didnt eat anything that didnt agree with me, ate smaller meals and relaxed as much as I could.

Answer by gemgem at 3:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Get seabands. They work miracles for nausea.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• ask your dr for nausea medicine =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• dont take any over the counter meds for nausea there not safe ask your dr to give you a anti nausea med i had to have it with this pregnancy i was sooo sick. It should start to go away by around 12 or 13wks but if for some reason your still really sick come your dr apt ask him.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Give your doc a call about the Dramamine and see if he recommend the Unisom/Vitamin B (?) thing that a lot of pregnant women take to help with morning sickness. Morning sickness starts to subside for many women towards the end of the first trimester, but some have it for their entire pregnancy, so there's no way to know what will happen with you, sorry!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008