How do you make new friends?

I have friends, but we don't really have much in common. I'm trying to make new friends that has the same goals as me, such as continuing education and being family-oriented. Any suggestions?

Diamond2010

Asked by Diamond2010 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Join groups that you are interested. I joined a poetry group at my local barnes and nobles and was really surprised how many friends that I made. and all I wanted to do was read my poetry.
    kikiflores

Answer by kikiflores at 8:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Get involved in the things you like to do. Maybe Community Ed. courses, volunteering or making new things happen. You could advertise for a specific social group at a coffee house, a card club, a womens' retreat. What ever interests you. We all need people and it can be frustrating at times when we don't have good girl friends to share things with . Good luck and have fun !!
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:20 PM on Apr. 19, 2011