AM 4 TO 5 WEEKS PREGNET ANW I WEN TO GET A ULTRASOUND DONE CAUSE AM SPOTTING AND THEY SAY THAT THEY ONLY SEE THE SAC SHOULD I WORRY?

THEY TOLD ME IT COULD BE A MISSCARAGE
OR THE BABY IS TO SMALL
THEY TOLD ME TO STAY IN BED REST

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• The baby is too small to see on an ultrasound at 4 to 5 weeks gestation
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• At 4 to 5 weeks they would only be able to see a sac. Did they tell you anytihng they want you to look out for?
    I had bleeding early in both my pregnancies (and actually further along than you are now), it's unsettling and easier said but done but try not to stress, take it easy and good luck.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 8:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• when i was almost 6 weeks pregnant they only seen a sac and nothing else but when i went back at 8 weeks they seen the little penut in there lol i hope all works out for you
    carringfor4

Answer by carringfor4 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• thanks for answering my Question
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i had an ultrasound at 5 and a half weeks, and all they saw was a sac..and they told me that it was too early to be able to see anything anyway..so i wouldnt worry too much until the spotting gets heavier and you get really bad cramps..then thats a miscarriage...you could just be having "implantation spotting"..GL!
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 9:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• With my second child I only saw a sac and that was at 4 weeks. With my third child we saw a heart beat at 5 weeks. Some ultrasound machines are better than others. I've been through 7 miscarriages you will cramp really bad and bleed.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• When I found out I was pregnant I was about 4 weeks and the center I went to routinely does ultrasounds for mom's, they told me they were gonna have to schedule one for another 4 weeks out because they wouldn't be able to see anything as I was too early in my pregnancy. I'm 14 1/2 weeks and I started bleeding at about 10 weeks, and still do have some spotting. My baby is healthy and strong, all can work out well! Try not to stress too badly!
    mommastewart81

Answer by mommastewart81 at 2:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yea 4 to 5 weeks is still to early to see the baby on the ultrasound you should be able to see the baby at 7 or 8 weeks when i first found out with my current pregnancy i was 4 weeks and there was just a sac and the yolk sac but no baby i didnt see my baby till i was 7 weeks :-)
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2011