Does anyone eles have kids still sleep in your room?

My son is 10 years old . He has alot of mental health disadvantages that he has to struggle with on a day to day base wait what am I saying I mean minute by minute . Well every night he sleeps next to us on his mattress . My DH and I have done all we can do and he ends up right back in there with us . Not that it's a bad thing but all the time. He acts like he will die if he is not by us Please help !!! I need Suggestions

Zackattack2001

Asked by Zackattack2001 at 8:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I had the same problem and I know alot of moms will total attack me for what I did. Lol, anyway I bought my son a tv for his room. It was a total bribe to get him out of my room, he got to watch cartoons at bedtime. It worked for us, ds had some mental health issues too. The cartoons never kept him up, he was always asleep in at least 30mins after I put him to bed. Think of something that might make bedtime fun for your son and try that...good luck!
    lovinlifewith5

Answer by lovinlifewith5 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• lovinlife, no one should attack you it is your child not theres. I had this problem with my oldest, I was very lucky that she loved music. I put a radio under her bed with a CD in it on repeat every night it was a battle but after 3 weeks she finally was relaxed enough that 3 years later she is 12 and not back in our room yet..
    kikiflores

Answer by kikiflores at 8:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Nope. My kids have slept alone since they were little.
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My kids have slept in their own rooms since they were infants. Now on wkends they sleep in eachothers rooms. Once in a while mine, but I get no sleep. I feel like I am being attacked with all the kicking and pushing. LOL!
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Oh yeah being attacked is no fun thing my son sleep with me one night and I woke up and my butt hurt so bad lol.He had kicked me all night .
    Zackattack2001

Comment by Zackattack2001 (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My son when he is feeling sad or worried will ask if he can sleep with us, and if he really is having a hard time, we will let him.

I think one of you should stay in his room with him until he falls asleep. He'll never get used to being in his own room otherwise.

We had a really tough time getting him in to his own bed. He has an Ipod and that helps him a lot. I think it is just a matter of finding something that helps him ease his own mind, turn off his brain, relax & get to sleep.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• definitly buy him a tv it worked for all my children
    SweetlilQtMama

Answer by SweetlilQtMama at 11:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• be consistant everytime u catch him in your room march him right back to his room til he realizes your not gonna allow it
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 22, 2011

• YES
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• I have got him a tv and lights and have marched him back and back then he got smart . He would wait till we were alseep and come in there . He would fall asleep and wake up and come in there and we would see him in there in the morning forsure. Thank you everyone =)
    Zackattack2001

Comment by Zackattack2001 (original poster) at 2:50 AM on Apr. 27, 2011