Have you gone on any playdate meetups where you didn't know anyone?

I'm a little nervous just cause I'm a bit shy till the ice is broken, but enough is enough! I gotta get out with my LO so she can meet other kids and it wouldn't hurt me to make a few friends either. How does it work? They are meeting at the park and I think possibley doing some crafts too, but I will be late due to work... So do I just walk up to any mom who looks like someone on the page and introduce myself? "Hi! Are you w/ such and such group of moms?" and hope she doesn't look at me like I'm crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes, and smile and if she looks at you funny move on to the next mom!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yes just walk up & ask that is it. I have done this sevearl times when I was preg we moved 3hours from home I knew nobody! I had to meet up & join things without a clue as to whom anyone was. After hitting playgroup for a while in the town I ended up being the one to run it for a couple of years until recently when we moved back to my hometown. Just jump right in there & ask them & make conversation. If it dosent feel right after a few times (sometimes a group of people just dont work for you) then try a new one not a big deal! You'll find a grove & bunch of people you'll get along with! good luck!
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011