Multiple Home Work for Moms?

I know this is a pretty wide variety of certificates...

Certificate/Diploma in...
1)Interior Decorating
2)PI (Private Investigator)
3)Wedding Consultant and Makeup
4)Photography

Instead of going out and looking for a job, could I start my own home work or rent a building/office and make money?

This work is amazing, I love each one of them. And I can spend all the time in the world with my baby, husband, and his two children, yet do what I enjoy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• Why not?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They are just such a wide range of things. I thought it may be hard to actually earn money..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sure, why not? As long as you have the knowledge and the skill in what you are offering (and licensed as a PI in your state if required). I would create a business and call it "Creative Solutions". That could fit just about anyone of those things. Once you write your business plan, and choose an entity, I would go to Vista Print and make up some promotional materials but have it concentrated on just one service. For example, make a postcard marketing your photography and send them out to potential clients (daycares, new parents, etc) and then do the same for the other services. Good Luck and Have fun!!!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Absolutely! One of my closest friend is a VERY VERY GOOD Wedding photographer, branched into allkinds of areas and PRIVATELY doesnt advertise at all, word of mouth and does OVER 36 weddings a yr!
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Absolutely!
    I work from home. I do career and job search coaching, medical billing, freelance bookkeeping and business organization, small business marketing.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would narrow it down to one or two. Starting by ourself from scratch is tough. If you enjoy the makeup area, I would love to tell you how you can start and grow an amazing business incorporating Premium Skin care, makeup and nutrition. All products are botanically based, vegan certified, the makeup is organic...exactly what people are looking for. I would love to tell you how with a very small investement (way less than starting something from scratch) you can grow an incredible business with Arbonne International. The training and support have won awards, so you will never be alone. Check it out at www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 6:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011