Is anyone else a little concerned about how so many woman have a lack of knowledge of how their body works? adult content

With some of the questions that are posted, especially about the reproductive system, I am a little concerned and flabbergasted. Anyone agree? Who taught you about your body? Did your mom, the school, or did you teach yourself?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 8:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Health

• I agree that some women on here post up questions that get me all puzzled as to why they dont know/understand.

On the other hand some of them are young & come from families that didnt teach them anything or be there for them. Mine was like that my parents didnt teach me jack shit I had to struggle & figure it all out on my own. I have asked questions that I am sure others have though how do you not know that. I do however, know how & where babies come from & before I had one even lol
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Only when they're a man pretending to be a woman.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 8:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm not so much concerned that *they don't know about their own bodies - I just hope they aren't advising other unsuspecting girls based on their on lack of knowledge and misguided ideas or notions, ya know.
    I have an aunt who was very instrumental in teaching me about the female body.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm more than a little shocked at how generally uneducated a lot of moms are. Even those with teenage kids - they must be in their 30s at least - and a lot have never bothered to learn any general knowledge, biology, health, anything!!!
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It has become very apparent to me that a lot of women know very little about how their bodies work. I will admit that until I was trying to get pregnant I only knew the basics, however I find it irritating that misconceptions and myths are being passed along as fact. Thru my difficulties to get pregnant I learned  a lot from reading and my Drs about things that can go wrong & how to correct them. Growing up we did not have the access to the Internet and all the info it provides on the reproductive system.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• YES!
    I mostly taught myself

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• yes and i mostly had to teach myself
    carringfor4

Answer by carringfor4 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Yea, sometimes. I taught myself most of what I know, and I know quite a bit about the human body. I think I know more than your average person, actually. I started reading medical books when I was 8 years old, for fun. I've always been fascinated with any sort of medical science. Though I didn't choose a career in that direction, I still constantly research all sorts of things dealing with medicine and the human body. I probably should have been a doctor, lol.

Granted, I did take some college anatomy and physiology classes, but most of what I've retained are the things that I taught myself.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm definitely concerned! I learned at an early age in private school and at home.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am equally concerned that there are probably double that amount of men don't know how their bodies work. Nonetheless, my mom attempted to teach me, but the whole experience was way too embarrassing and traumatic. I blocked it out of my memory. Since I skipped anatomy and physiology in high school b/c I thought art/music would be much more interesting, and AP calculus would look much more impressive on the college application, I had no clue about anything about the reproductive system. I had to learn everything when I was trying to get pregnant. Google was great.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011