Meatballs

How do you make yours?

KamiB79

Asked by KamiB79 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Food & Drink

• i soak some pieces of bread in milk and then squeeze it out before i mix it with the meat. i also put in some onion (finely chopped), salt and pepper of course and a egg. if i'm using turkey or chicken instead of beef i also put in some parmesan cheese.....it turns out really good. i also line them up on a baking sheet and bake them in the oven instead of frying them in a pan. they just come out much nicer for me that way
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I get in my car drive to the closest grocery store. Walk in the door go to the frozen food section look for the little bag of frozen meatballs. Take them to the checkout line pay for them get back in my car drive home. Get out of my car go inside my house read on the bag how to heat up the meatballs and follow the directions....lol. I tried to make my own once and failed miserably so I buy the frozen ones. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i never made home made...but id love to try to
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I add grated carrots and onions to my meatballs and sometimes grated zuchinni. Always sriracha, egg, worchshire, minced garlic, salt, pepper.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• im a believer in both homemade and frozen. up til recently i made my own but i tried the frozen, and not too shabby! plus they're small and perfect for my kids. somehow mine always come out big no matter how small i try to make them. and they made my sauce a little spicier which the whole family liked.

anyway, i make mine with salt & pepper, an egg, a little bit of breadcrumbs, paprika, fresh minced garlic, diced onion, and beef (or 1/2 beef 1/2 turkey) and some grated parmesan cheese. mix it all together and form the meatballs. i brown them on all sides in a bit of evoo, then put them in my sauce and simmer them until ready to eat.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• DH makes the meatballs for us. I'd have to ask him. They are yummy and my kids love them!
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• 1/2 ground pork, 1/2 ground beef, usually chuck, but if we have something better, I'll use it. We make our own sausage, so usually what we have is already seasoned, but typically, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and parsley. The onion are garlic are minced fine and sauteed until they're clear, then added to the mix along with the herbs. That's for Italian style. If we're doing more swedish meatballs or the cocktail meatballs in grape jelly type of thing, we use the onion and garlic and salt and pepper, but leave any other seasoning for the sauce that will go over it. We use panko breadcrumbs mixed with parmesan, brown the meatballs in a pan over the stove before baking them through in the oven.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I dont make meatballs... I personally dont like them. So if ds wants them he gets the frozen ones ha
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 12:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I made mine the other night with crushed ritz crackers, spaghetti sauce and hamburger meat.
    heathermichelle

Answer by heathermichelle at 12:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I take them out of the freezer and heat.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011