So lost...**Update** adult content

Has anyone else ever had this happen? Since January I've been experiencing a very itchy/burny vagina. I treated myself twice for a yeast infection...didn't work so called the doc and she gave me the oral medication for it. Waited a week and still didn't work so she had me come in. I've seen her now several times for this and she's tested me for I assume everything because she just scratches her head and says she has no idea. I have no discharge, no odor...and now its like my urine is acid or something. It burns like crazy to pee. I'm going to see her once again but I'm worried she's still going to have no clue. If anyone has had this please tell me there's a light at the end of the tunnel! I have no sex life, I have to constantly prevent myself from scratching. It's horrible :-(

Here is what the doctor has come up with. I was on the depo shot(was on for 6 months been off since february)...it eliminated my estrogen and pretty much put my vagina in a state of menopause. She showed me in a mirror what it looks like down there and its all cracked everywhere. Like I have tons of slices. I have estrogen cream to put on every day for the next 2 weeks then down to 3 times a week for 2 weeks. That is supposed to help but I wont be totally better until i start menstruating again which could take a while. So for anyone who ever goes through this....this is what it could be for you too. She said it's like its losing its elacticity down there...I can partake in intercourse as long as I use large amounts of lubricant because I could easily create some severe large tears. To be honest I don't really have a sex drive so I'm not too worried about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Health

• Do u drink alot of caffeine?
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 8:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Maybe its like an ingrown hair or something? Or, maybe you are allergic to a soap or body wash you are using? Just some guesses.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• See a different doctor, if she hasent figured it out by now find someone else. Seriously you may find a new doctor & they may know right off the bat what it is. Good luck, hope you feel better.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think it sounds like some sort of allergic reaction. Have you eliminated anything that could be irritating it? Are you using a certain kind of soap, detergent, fabric softener, etc., that might be irritating you? Some people are also easily irritated by certain fabrics.That must be horrible. I'm sorry you're dealing with that. I'd try going to another doctor, just to see if they may be able to tell you something.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:55 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• that happened to me once and come to find out my hubsband had the same infection becouse i gave to him during sex it was like a yest infection he had no sympotms of it but the doc treated us both at the same time and i havent got it back
    carringfor4

Answer by carringfor4 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• i would try and change ur soap to something new...ppl can develop new allergies. also try sleeping undies free...let ur skin breath it may help. if nothing changes id go see a new dr
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Hey thanks...you guys are quick lol. To the person who said the yeast infection...hun i was treated 3 times for that and nothing..plus when she did the cultures it came back no yeast, no bacteria, no nothing. I haven't changed soaps or anything, I use dove ultra moister body wash...I had a allergic reaction to soap once (irish springs) and while the itchy burny feeling was similar I also swelled up real bad. I'm going to buy some hypoallergenic soap and see if that works but unless I suddenly developed an allergy then that can't be it. I used the same laundry soap and I wear mostly cotton panties and haven't bought any new ones in quite a while. I usually sleep without them and just some loose pj pants or i'll only sleep in a pair of cotton panties depending on how warm I am. As for the ingrown hair...I've had those and those are nothing like what I am experiencing...this is my whole vagina, partly inside and all around the...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• outside...its nuts. She scrapped it and everything to see if it was herpes or anything like that. I'm going to see her one more time, raise some holy hell and then if nothing happens then I'm going to see another doctor. I read online about a month ago how some women had something similar happen and they thought it might have to do with their hormones or something. They said having sex helped it so I gave it a try lol...nope...didn't work for me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Are you taking baths, or showers? If you're bathing, stop, and stick with showers only. I had a YI but not bad enough to go it, and figured out it was because I had been taking a bath almost every night - as soon as I stopped it was better in a couple of days. Just one idea.
    Anonymous

• maybe its as simple as allergic reaction have you changed your laundry soap or anything
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011