Potty training advice needed desperately!!!!

So my dd is 22 months old and we have had the potty through out Tue house for several weelks. She seems to show signs that she is ready. She sits on the toilet and makes a hissing sound as if peeing. Yesterday I tried the pull UPS and we went to the potty every half hour. Total failure. Today I tried the bare bottom with the.egg timer set every 15 minutes. She ran to the potty when the timer buzzed all morning, but no pee pee :(. We gave her a sticker for sitting on the potty and have a potty chart on the br wall. We have watched the movies, sang songs, and read books to her. Today She went twice, in different places in the house and was upset about it. She started running to the potty as it was coming down her leg :( Do you think it is too soon? What worked for u? How old was ur child? How long did it take to make the change from diapers? Oh, and finally.... she is with me full time this week, but Monday she goes to daycare full time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's only been a couple of days...I dunno- she isn't even 2 yet, I think if it were me- I'd let her go if she wants to-but not push it and maybe try again in a couple of months

My daughter was about 25 months or so (just barely 2) and it took about a week or two and she was done- we did not use pull ups- just underwear
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:28 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Although normally I'd say 22 months sounds a bit early, it does sound like to me that she is ready. I'd keep doing what you are doing through the rest of the time you have her full-time and see what happens. Good luck!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We started my daughter at 2.5 and she didn't get it until she was almost 3. I would say she is too young. Keep the potty out so that she knows it is there but i would be potty training her yet. and skip the pull ups! What a waste of money and time! I used them and they are basically a diaper. Either do the 3 days of underwear and have plenty on hand or look for training pants. I found really good ones at www.onestepahead.com. They were a bit expensive but they were awesome!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 7:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2011