Working mom

i just started working for the first time in 6 years i love my job and the money but i miss the kids so mcuh anyone else in the same situation and does it get better?

carringfor4

Asked by carringfor4 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• Congratulations! and yes, it does get better. Hang in there!
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 9:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I had that feeling when I returned to work after #1. By #2, I was guilt-free. Not sure I can help you, since clearly you have ALOT more patience than me to be able to spend 6 years at home with them (Kudos to you by the way). I think it does better. Children grow up and they have their own friends/life. You won't feel as lost when you realize they don't need you. Just enjoy the job and the money.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It was so hard when I first started back to work. It's been almost 4 years now and I still have days where I miss my girls, but it's tolerable now.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 9:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• it will change, believe me. i love my kids when they were smaller but i couldn't wait to be with adults and be out in the working world earning my paycheck.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011