Taking care of my niece

my sister isa first time mom and just went back to work third shift at a factory and cant be there all the time to take care of her 2 month old daughter so me and my other sister take her for the night alot and i love her to death but i work alot and have 4 kids of my own to take care of and she never sleeps at night she sleeps all day becouse thats what my sister does so she has her in that rutine but she wears me down so much i dont want to tell my sis i cant take her anymore but i dont know if i am pshycaly able to take care of her right now what should i do ?

carringfor4

Asked by carringfor4 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is amazing that you are willing to help and trying so hard, but you have your own kids and job, so if it is too much you may just have to tell her that. Maybe do once or twice a week?? Good luck
    VBM7287

Answer by VBM7287 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You do what you can and what doesn't put you into the loony bin... you keep your health in mind because you have 4 kiddos of your own. You tell your neice that you love her and explain the situation.. EVERYONE has their limits.. physical and mental. The kiddos don't benefit if you have a break down! Just do what you can... within reason... and be glad that you can do that! :) You are a saint it sounds like!
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 9:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If it were me, I would explain to my sister that I work, have a family and am unable to watch her daughter if she isn't going to sleep at night. Explain that you need her to stay up part of the day with her daughter and not just let her sleep. If she were unable to do this I would tell her that I was sorry but I would be unable to care for her daughter anymore because you have to give your best to your kids and yourself.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• oops.. I meant... tell your sister and explain it to her... if you explained it to the neice you might already need to be in the loony bin! LOL!
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 9:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• thank you everyone
    carringfor4

Comment by carringfor4 (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011