How can I get the general public excited about an event I threw?

Just tonight I had a presentation that I ordered dinners from Sodexo for 150 people. As anyone knows, Sodexo is extremely expensive. I did plenty of advertising through the city paper and through online notices. The town that I'm currently in is about 25,000. Nobody showed and just about all the food was thrown away. Short of paying people, what can I do to get people to attend my events? There is no cost to them to attend, but a cost to my employment for all the food. There was a cost to me with all the all-nighter exertion

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 9:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Well you must first start off by being excited!!! Try telling EVERYONE you meet!, Try telling your firends to tell some one else to come, Give them an incentive for coming like a free gift, other then food, like go to the dollar store and get a dollar nail polish, anything that goes with the theme of your event! Hope these tips helps! Lastly don't give up leep trying, just because it didnt work one time don't stop, maybe the next time it will turn out to be a great turn out!!!
    silkcandles

Answer by silkcandles at 9:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You could have donated the food to a shelter or homeless shelter. Id have to know what the event is for to know how to get folks to attend.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Let the news station know what you're up to. I see events being announced all the time on my news station.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• call radio stations, contact your local early news shows, leave flyers at coffee shops etc.
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2011