Help

my almost 2 year old dd is sick but whenever she gets sick she becomes really clingy to me i have very recently became a single mom of two and really cant have her so clingy to me so i can clean and take care of my 8 month old dd any advice on what i should do

luckygurl17

Asked by luckygurl17 at 9:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• let her cling. sorry but its my opinion. she's just a toddler, not feeling well, wants her mama. And in a few short years she'll be so independent and "hate you" ..... enjoy the last bit of clinging. you'll miss it terribly. don't worry about cleaning while she's sick. just be there for her
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• When she is sick, put off cleaning. Hold her. She needs you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• trust me i would let her cling if i could but ive also got a 8 month old that has a ear infection that i need to take care of to

luckygurl17

Comment by luckygurl17 (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• This is what you can do....get up in the morning and first thing you are going to do after eating breakfast is gettin your child to play with you for 20 minutes then say to your dd that you are going to do some chored and you would like for her to help you. After you done with the chores sit with your dd ans eat something together then tell your dd that she can go to watch some cartoons and mention her favorite children's character to watch. Let your dd watch tv by herself for 20 minutes. Explain to your daughter that the next day you and her will go out to do something nice. Keep doing this. And your dd will be off your back in no time. Kids tend to get clingy as a way of requesting attention. You are not spending enough one on one time with your dd.
    Anonymous

• Put off the cleaning. Sit on the couch with your almost 2 year old on one side of you and your 8 month old on the other side of you and cuddle with them both at the same time.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011