How much did/will your health insurance company pay for the hospital charges of labor, delivery, and the days you stay in the hospital?

My insurance company paid about 9,000 to the hospital.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• when I had baby #1 we had terrific insurance, like 90/10 I think. Our out of cost for a normal vaginal delivery was gonna be like $900 or less, epidural option included.

Since I assumed all would go well I didn't read fine print, etc etc and long story short I was inpatient for about 57 days post delivery and required a specialty observation suite, dialysis, and 2 additional surgeries to correct internal problems AFTER the emergency c section. Then 9 months of home health care and wound nurses and infectious disease control our 10% was very VERY close to $750,000 so bankruptcy was in the works by our sons 1st birthday.

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• mine will pay it all....
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 9:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They determine a set cost.

She was in Nicu for 8 days and my part of all of that after my bridge was over and 80/20 kicked in was $4500 for all of it.

If I didn't have insurance, I would have had to pay almost $100,000
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Mine paid 100%
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• when I had #2 I was on medicare, declared officially disabled by the social security administration. So we didn't pay a cent that time.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Mine pays 100% thankfully. I have never seen a bill even. I will be delivering soon my 4th little one and it will be my first at a civilian hospital so I will actually see a bill but will also thankfully not have to pay anything out of pocket.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Mine will pay for 5 days in the hospital and all the pre labor visits minus the co pay's and it pays 100% for labor and delivery. We have killer good insurance though. Shame I cant let someone else use it for this purpose. Im WAY past the age of having kids.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They are covering everything.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011