28 weeks pregnant and doc. says baby is measuring to small??HElP

I am 28 weeks pregnant and my doc. measured my belly and it was off 2 cm. at 26 in. i have a ultrasound coming up should i really be worring?

MyMarcusJR.

Asked by MyMarcusJR. at 9:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Smaller means they could just be off on your dates.. no worry I was measuring bigger and then they realized they had the dates wrong.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 9:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• don't worry! i have been measuring small since i hit the 30 week mark... last week i was 2 CM behind now im 1 CM behind, dr says that it just means that she will be small and it is normal for small girls and women having girls.
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 9:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I measured small and then big.
    Since they are just an estimate, unless you are really off, keep in mind that they can be off as much as 2 weeks for your EDD.
    When I was induced, they estimated that she would be well over 9 lbs. At 38 weeks, she was born at 7-5.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my oldest son was always measuring small in my uterus, i did have plenty of ultra sounds, and they thought his umbilical cord and placenta was not working. I had to go bay care, and they said everything was fine, he was just small but he is healthy. He was born 5lbs 4oz and 18inches and very healthy. he is 3 years old now, is at the 3rd percentile for everything, he weighs in at 23lbs, 33inches.
    Now with his brother i was measuring big the whole time. He was born at 8lbs 3oz and 20inhes. he is 6months and half the size of his older brother. He weighs now at 18lbs, and 28inches.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 10:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Measurement do not really mean that much, I would not stress about it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:19 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The measurements are a rough estimate. Being off by a few centimeters doesn't mean anything. Also, don't give too much credit to any estimated weight of the baby they give you. There is no way to tell.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Average is within 2 cm either direction which mean you are perfectly normal.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• At my 28 week appointment I was measuring 27, I'm also very worried about this, my next appointment is on Tuesday, I will let you know what they tell me. Since that last appointment though she said it's not something to worry about until it's 3 cm off or more. I will keep you updated. Also from a few women on here I've heard they were measuring 4cm or more off and they ended up going for an ultrasound and it turns out baby is just growing slower, we may just be having small babies :)
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 8:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I measured small and they threatened to take the baby early. wait until your ultrasound to worry. I drank protein shakes twice a day baby packed on the pounds and was able to be born on time.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• my baby was measuring small after the 20 wk mark..she was born at 29wks 2day and weighed 2lbs 1oz..according to the nicu they thought she was a 24wk baby..she was behind bc she was not gettin enough nurtrients from me..i would be concerned..the dr blew me off the first few times she noticed then when i got to another dr he was shocked she had not done any tests...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2011