Are you against teen moms?

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 9:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I think that if you're against teen moms you're against moms period. A mom is a mom no matter what age she is. I was a teen mom, and I got my stuff together.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 11:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• A teen mom, being a teenager, is an incomplete human being. Your boobs, hips, attitude, ability to shave, grow life in your womb, etc may all be features in place. BUT..... your brain is still cooking. The last place in your brain to fill in the blanks is the long term consequence area. This is why teens need protection/supervision. They are incapable of seeing the future and imaging the long term risks and results of their actions. They're in the moment thinkers.... which is why they aren't allowed to vote, drink, etc. They're not finished developing mentally. So to allow an incomplete person to then care for a helpless newborn really irritates me..... I am terribly bothered by the PARENTS of the teen mom. Not the teen mom themselves. Where was the structure, supervision, care, concern?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Nope but I think too many of them think it's glamourous to be pregnant. They get all the attention and then the baby comes along and the real work starts. Then, they get overwhelmed, not unlike older moms, and realize that partying with their friends and hanging out is a thing of the past.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I am against.. KIDS raising KIDS.... meaning.. immature teen moms... don't have my vote... AT ALL! I was a teen mother.. I got my crap together... worked THREE JOBS, went to college... got it DONE! Bought a house at 20.. etc etc etc... NOW.... fast forward several years.... I have a friend whose daughter had a baby.... she left home with her boyfriend... and drags the baby all over town at all hours of the night... she REAKS of smoke and I heard that she has even gotten her 18MONTH OLD daughter HIGH.... apparently... one of her boyfriends friends blew smoke in her face and she FOUND and ate a remnant of a joint in an ash tray at this guy's house and ended up over at her grandmas house HIGH??? My friend was beside herself in tears over her sweet little grandbaby??? WTH??? NOW.... THAT MOM.... I CAN'T SUPPORT!!!! I JUST CAN'T!!! There would have been a million hundred moms out there to love that sweet baby better!
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 9:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sorry...I don't think a 13, 14, 15 year old can be the best mom out there. Are there exceptions? Of course there are, but overall no. A person should not have to have that kind of responsibility at that age! I had my daughter at 27 and I wasn't even ready then, how is someone 10 years younger ready? Some kids are able to take on the demands of motherhood at like 16, 17, 18 years old but shouldn't have to. Why not be a the kid you are instead of trying to raise a kid?
    Anonymous

• I am against parents of teenagers allowing them to be together, alone, naked, unsupervised for long enough time period for successful penetration to take place.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:54 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It depends, the philosophical correct answer for anything. Responsible adults, yes. Immature celebrity imitating fantasy oriented children, no. If they are ready for all it entails, prioritizing their love and baby before themselves I see no reason to object, otherwise they need to grow up first. I am 20 and have a 2mo. 2wk. 5day old lovable son who I cherish, planned and was perfectly ready for :) He is doing great and growing fast in his 3-6 month clothing already and everyone tells me how lovable he is I am thrilled that he looks so much like his dad :D
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 9:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• What do you mean by against? Some teen moms do great, others not so much. In either situation I would say that it isn't ideal. It shouldn't be happening as much as it does.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Just against teen pregnancy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't recommend that teens get pregnant. But am I against them? No. They can very well be good moms. It may be more difficult, but it's totally possible.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011