Does the reason justify the behavior or does actions matter more.

if someone did something they knew was wrong would you listen to a reason or just go on the behavior. examples could be , he cheated- do you need a reason
or he brakes a promise? do you ask why he broke it or just say you broke it and that is that.? what matters more the action or the reasons or intentions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Just for Fun

• what a FABULOUS question! I think that each situation depends on the circumstances. I mean.. you mentioned two scenarios...
    first) he cheated... now what... WELL.. what are teh circumstances... where you on a "break" are you married, dating, long distance relationship... you know.. there are a lot of reasons why men (and women) stray. Sometimes, if you love someone.. its worth working it out.. no matter what they have done.
    second) you mentioned breaking a promise... NOW... here is something more tricky.... IF all we have in this life is OUR WORD.. whether it is solid or good or reliable or what have you.... then... I would say... that is a trickier situation.. if they break their word A LOT... you just chalk it up to them being full of .. you know what..&don't count on them anymore... still be their friend... but don't ask them to volunteer for stuff or be the best person at events because you can't count on their word!
    FingerPainter

Answer by FingerPainter at 9:58 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Depends on the situation. He cheated? No explanation will justify it for me. He broke a promise? Let me hear why before I make up my mind about it.
    Sometimes there is a good reason.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• For the examples you gave NO reason justify's either behavior in my opinion.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:03 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Some would say that no matter what, HE cheated because he wasn't happy in the marriage, because of something YOU did, However, if he were an honorable man, he wouldn't look outside the marriage as he would recall those vows he took with you. HE cheated...it doesn't mean you did ANYTHING to make it so. It's just an excuse.
    Droyal14u

Answer by Droyal14u at 1:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011