My son had been sick and had a fever. What do I do?

I don't have a regular doc yet for my son. We moved recently. My son got sick a couple weeks ago then his little sister did. I took her to the hospital as she was sicker than he was. She had scarletina.. otherwise known as scarlet fever. She was given antibiotics and is better.. I am thinking he had it first. But my son seems to get sick on and off since then. I am worried now. I will probably take him to the hospital tomorrow. I wonder if anyone else went through this. A low grade fever and vomiting. :( I feel sorry for my ds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Kids' Health

• id take him to the doctor.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The hospital is kind of major for low grade fever...if he's vomiting, make sure he's staying hydrated....4-6 oz. every time he vomits..NOW, if it continues, then yes take him....my daughter is 2 1/2 and was recently in the hospital..come to find out, the vomiting was b/c her oxygen was low and her breathing was pushing on her abdomen....they gave her anti nausea meds and Motrin...Kept her on O2 and had breathing treatments...within 24 hours she was better. Her fever got as high as 102.9.....he also may just have a tummy virus, which you can't do anything for or give them anything...try popsicles and applesauce....give some gatorade. My daughter liked it better than Pedialyte and juice can make it worse...good luck...so sorry.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oh my. No, never dealt with it, but I'll give you a bump. I would definitely get him to the hospital though. Good luck and hope he is feeling better very soon!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• He probably has the flu. Flu usually has fever, vomiting, diaraha, muscle aches. Watch him for the next 24hrs and make sure the fever don't jump to 103.4 and if so get him to the hospital. But in the mean time lots of fluids (electolights like Gatorade), lots of love, and rest
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 10:10 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• If he's getting sick off and on or seems like he never fully recovered from the first illness then I would be worried he has an infection that's just not completely getting better and he may need an antibiotic. I'm not one to put a kid on antibiotics for anything, but if they had the same thing and your daughter needed antibiotics to kick it, your son may need them to get better, too. I would definitely get it checked out.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Call the hospital's doctor referral service and get them a local doctor.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thanks.. i took him in and he has strep throat. They said his tummy could get upset too. He is much better now. Thank you again!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011