Why is inappropriate for parents to invite their children's teacher over for dinner?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• How crappy. When I saw this question I think of "Anne of Green Gables" when Miss Stacy drops in at dinnertime to talk about the Queens class. It was perfectly acceptable back then, and often in those one-room schoolhouse times it was basically expected that teacher's would eat at each family's house at least once every term or something.
    Anonymous

• conflict of interest. It's the same reason you don't invite your boss's boss over for dinner. After your child is no longer in said teachers class it is fine but during it can be seen as an act of favoritism and sadly, cost the teacher their job.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I actually don't think it is, but the child might feel uncomfortable/embarassed about it. Does your spouse/significant other object? Or why not?
    LovableFox

Answer by LovableFox at 10:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think it depends on alot of variables..... in a small town for example it's likely you might attend the same church and so on...
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree with Zoejains.
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I guess to score brownie points...for those who think it is inappropriate...idk
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011