Everytime I get in a relationship I drop 15 plus pounds... same if I break up

I stop eating when I am with a man because I want to have a perfect body. Isn't society crazy as to what it dictates to us... I am in my thirties and weigh about 125 but when I am dating I tend to be 117 . Now I fealt fat and started working out to loose this weight and logically I know that I am not fat but society dictates us to be thinner I have two daughters who are seven and always aks if they are fat how do I break the cycle.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd define fat to them. I think too many young girls have the wrong concept of fat. I'd gear conversations around being healthy and less about being fat. I'm thinking that if you are gaining a few pounds after a break up and losing them when you start dating there might be more of an issue than society's outlook on weight. It sounds more like you are replacing one thing with another. I do the same thing so I can't preach. However, I'm determined to get healthy for ME. Not for society. Not for some man. I screw up then I get back on track but my goal is to maintain a healthy weight....for me. Good luck. It's not always easy to do. Try though, if not for you then for your daughters.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• CONSAULT A DOCTOR,MY DEAR. GET HELP. SENDING LOVE AND HOPE TO YOU! :) ~KAY

KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• yes... I need it... since my girls are super skinny I don't want them to get the wrong idea...
    Anonymous