Whats a good form of discipline for a 4 yr old

jujusmommy123

Asked by jujusmommy123 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Time outs and spankings if time outs don't work. Time outs work with most kids, but the more challenging children may require you to repeatedly return them to the time out. Just stick with it and eventually most children comply. One minute per year of age is an appropriate length of time. Spanking is a last resort and should never be done in anger or with yelling.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• We do time outs. She hates being in a room where there is no one else to talk to. I also set a timer since they have no sense of time. She knows when the buzzer goes off, she can get up and I don't have to field 100 "can I get up".
    Once she is allowed to get up, I get down eye to eye and tell her why she was there, give hugs and kisses.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I sit my daughter down in a corner for 5 minutes and if she continues the bad behavior then I spank her hands and if that doesn't work then I send her to bed early without dessert and without watching cartoons.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sit and squat with their hand behind their head. You judge the time.
    AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 19, 2011