What happen if the iud move from it place?

The Dr said I camt see the IUD that I need to got a sultsound done.

airforce820

Asked by airforce820 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• it could be in the wall of your uterus or come out without you noticing.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 10:23 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The doc should not be able to see the actual IUD only the strings from a pelvic exam. If the strings are not visible in the vaginal canal hanging out of the cervix, then they would want an ultrasound done to make sure the IUD has not perferated the uterine wall.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• What if it did perferated the wall. Would I still be able to have baby?
    airforce820

Comment by airforce820 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• For the most part, you should still be able to have babies if it does go into the wall. The only prob is that if you were to get preggo that way, it could be a delicate/risky pregnancy, just like ectopic pregnancies (the ones that happen in fallopian tubes). Best to get it checked and put your mind at rest. As for me, they can't see the strings of my IUD, but that's cuz they cut it off during a cancer scare, so I have no way of knowing if it's shifted other than if I start cramping, bleeding, or feeling pain of some sort.
    domesticrecluse

Answer by domesticrecluse at 12:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My sis said she had the same thing and that the dr had to really get more in to get it out. Now she has a cute handsom boy.
    airforce820

Comment by airforce820 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011