Ok ladies I am in need... Maybe TMI but not really

I am supose to be induced in 2 weeks. I was in preterm labor a little over 3wks ago and ever since I have had horrid contraction but it has done nothing to help my cervix change. I have been at 2 cm and 50% effacement since they stopped my labor. Of corse I have been trying everything I can to help get labor to start again but no luck. I have tried sex, walking, birthing ball, pelvic exercises, light bouncing, relaxation stuff, and now I'm doing the evening roseoil and rassberry leaf tea(I know those do not start labor but they are supose to help when you go in to labor.) Dose anyone have ANYTHING I can try? I would really like to try to go on my own instead of being induced... Any tips would be very helpful and pls no "nature will have take its corse" posts pls idk why but they really make me feel like I'm broken or that something is wrong with me bc I can't go into labor and have her on my own... Thanks ladies:D

Lena-Loo

Asked by Lena-Loo at 10:24 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Why are you being induced?
    you can go over by as much as 2 weeks before an induction is necessary unless there are other complications. And, as long as your water has not broken the baby is fine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:27 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I swept out my garage and had beer-battered cod the night before I had my daughter. Something about the repetitive sweeping motion may have helped to put me into labor (dd was born at 38 weeks 5 days).
    good luck!
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My personal opinion is that they induce too frequently these days. I understand why it's tempting for the mom because pregnancy gets tiring and stretches you thin at the end, even if you've had a great pregnancy. But truly, I know of so many situations where they induce and things don't progress as they should, and then it ends with a C-section.

Unless you or your baby is in danger or at risk (toxemia, dangerously high blood pressure, not enough amniotic fluid), then my advice is wait. Jademom is right. you can go over by 2 weeks, or so as long as you're seeing your doc regularly. I believe that when your body is not ready, it is not good to try to force it.
    DarlaHood

Answer by DarlaHood at 10:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Oh - and walk every day and have sex every day too!
    DarlaHood

Answer by DarlaHood at 10:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Of COURSE, this is what I always say: LET the baby come when it is ready. DO not force labor. PLEASE, just relax and let nature do it for you. It is much safer for your baby. WHY do you say that they think you are" broken" or that you can't do it on your own? JUST RELAX!!! I realize that some Moms get very emotional but that doesn't help at all. I have had three kids. I just let them come when they were ready even though I was VERY uncomfortable and they were not small babies.I did not try to make labor start.It just did.One baby was 10 days late. No big deal.

You have two weeks to go. Relax.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• She is inducing me bc both of our bp's skyrocketed when I was in preterm labor so the doc feels that it is best if I not go past 39wks bc she is my first and a good size baby she was 6lbs 3 oz at 33wks they are putting her just under 7.5 now at 37wks so the doc feels it may be too stressful for both of us if she goes past 39wks. Like I said I have tried walking and sex but sex is not a daliy option for me:( and I am limited to an hr of brisk walking a day bc of the spiking bp
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 10:43 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I really needs to learn how to qwote on here lol.. To minnesotanice: I could not go over ten day I would probably cut it out 1st lol As far as feeling broken this is my 12th pregnancy and only my 1st to term, they have done every test that is possible and they can't find any thing wrong with me (or hubby) but I have had 12mc's... after a while you just kinda can't help but feel like ur broken in some way.
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• You are not broken she is just not ready to come. If your bps skyrocketed when you were in labor then I would assume that they are stable now. I am with everything else just give it time. Their estimation on sizing can be very poor. I have had them be off by about 3 pounds. Imagine if your little one was 3 lbs less than what they said. I would keep her tucked in there as long as you can. Inductions seems to be pushed way way to much now. My sister was just induced and was told that she was late according to their calculations and she wound up having a preemie. Don't rush things.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:22 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm ganna be a bad momma and go with the induction lol My sister was induced and they were both fine, I was just wanting to try to get her out without the induction. I have learned with this pregnancy that I personaly was not made for this kind of work... I've kinda just put it in my head that that's the reasoning behind all the mc's.
    Lena-Loo

Comment by Lena-Loo (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Try massaging Jasmine oil on your abdomen. I was scheduled for an induction with my second and they gave me an enema to clear things out. Well that enema started labor so you can try one of those. If nothing else it will clear you out. Good luck!! Oh and my personal experience, induction does not hurt any worse than natural labor. Hopefully the same for you. Don't let anyone scare you by telling you it makes things worse. Of course know your risks with induction, but it sounds like you're doing the best thing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2011