Why do Hospitals perform a Circumcision every time a baby boy is born?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think hibbing needs to get off, I think she needs for baby boys to have the same right to bodily integrity and intact genitalia and intact sexual experience as adults as baby girls.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They don't. They have to have the parents consent to do so.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They don't always do it. You need to give them permission first. WHY do we have to dscuss this issue over and over?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They *USED TO* routinely circumcise in the USA permission or otherwise. It was standard of care originated to prevent masturbation. Yes, seriously. They removed the most sensitive part of the penis (nearly identical under a microscope to a clitoris) to cut down on spanking the money therefore retaining ones natural fluids, thought to make him much more healthy.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I wasn't aware that they did.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Minnesota, because it's important.

Hospitals do not automatically circumcise. They must have your permission first. Though in some areas it is almost a given that you will grant it. If you do not want your son circumcised then make sure you or hubby is with him at all times or make a shirt for him that says "DO NOT CIRCUMCISE ME."
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They don't.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree, they don't They ask the parents if they want it done

Answer by admckenzie at 10:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• not too terribly long after that barbaric custom became as American as apple pie the government decided that most women have or at some point HAD some type of venereal disease and if she denied it she was either lying OR simply was not yet displaying symptoms. Then became the routine practice of spreading antibacterial goop into EVERY newborn babies eyes. It quickly became so standard that now you need to sign a waiver to have this NOT done. With my 2nd baby we actually had to sign two waivers because the hospital was so appalled that I dare question them
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• They don't without consent. It's not automatic.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:44 PM on Apr. 19, 2011