In terrible pain 27 weeks pregnant

i did something to my back im in horrible pain .dr gave me flexeril and pregnancy girdle i start pt tommarow.have any of you hurt your backs during pregnancy?what did you do ?i also have siatic nerve acting up.basically dr said not much they can do till i deliver.i dont know if i CAN DEAL W/ THIS PAIN TILL DELIVERY!!!thanks

loomis6

Asked by loomis6 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy comes with some discomforts. I'm sorry yours is so severe! I'm sure the PT will help. Could you maybe add chiropractic to that?

Warm baths, hot compresses, relaxation, massages and patience with your body is all i can recommend, mama. You are amazing and this won't last forever!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• if PT doesn't do anything you might need to see a perinatologist and consider a scan to see if you hurt something hard core. If you moved or slipped a disc or something you may need the dr's to be ready for trouble when the baby descends low into the pelvis.

I spent my 2nd pregnancy with spinal drama like you wouldn't believe. I had to take morphine daily to keep myself clearheaded or the pain would make my bloodpressure soar, dangerous for the baby.

GOOD LUCK feel better soon
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 11:00 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• thanks i went to pt today he gave me 3 excerices to do 3xs daily i will go to pt twice a week.he was hopeful i wouldnt need medicine after he was done i still had to take it.i also was given a pregnancy cradle to wear have to bring it back though too big
    loomis6

Comment by loomis6 (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011