What breast pump would be best to get to try to help bottle my breast milk?

I'm a first time mom. I'm so confused with all the different pumps and types & need help.

angeldlph

Asked by angeldlph at 10:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is worth shelling out the money for the Madela brand. You can find them sometimes at garage sales, e bay or on craigs list (using someone elses isn't gross- the companies just say it is so they can make more profit).

I bought a $70 pump and it was AWFUL. The super expensive madela is worth it so much! The money you save on not buying formula makes the expense of the pump worth it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:47 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Medela, Ameda and Lansinoh brand pumps are all the reliable brands, why not stop by the breastfeeding moms group and we can help you alot!
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Medela pump in style is awesome... BUT unlike what bloomsr said, there are parts of the pump you don't want to use "used". The shields, the tubes..they should be bought new. They aren't too expensive either.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I recently found out that breast pumps can sometimes be considered a medical expense on tax forms. If you do get an expensive one keep records. I had a Medela and it was wonderful!
    CrazyMommy87

Answer by CrazyMommy87 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Medela pumps are really good. There's one that comes with a bag, cooler,storage bags,and the pump of course.
    bellaambru90

Answer by bellaambru90 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I had the Madela double breast pump that looked like a purse and had an insulated storage container. I also had good luck with an Advent hand pump. The hand pump was handy if I wasn't going to be gone long. PS, I had surgery while nursing and managed to pump a 10 day milk supply for the freezer while still feeding the baby. The surgery was unplanned, so I am really glad I had the double pump. It was worth the investment.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I have the medela pump in style, its a double electric and I LOVE it! If I had to buy it all over again I would :) I work full time so I pump 3x/day for 3 months now and not a single issue. I use the wall plug, batteries, and car plug and they all work great. I had a cheaper one last time around and it was a mistake. It's just under $300, but again worth every single penny!
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 7:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I use a Medela pump in style. AWESOME, I love it. If you cant afford a new one, look for one on Craigslist, ebay, or amazon.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011