7 month old teething

my 7 month old is teething and has really bad diareah and diaper rash. He goes poopie about every hour... I've stopped using wipes b/c they irritate it more, even the ones with alcohol, and I wash his bum instead. Any suggestions??

dlwsbjmknox

Asked by dlwsbjmknox at 3:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep him hydrated, rice and bananas may help his diahrea......for the diaper rash, let it get as much air as possible....keep him on the changing table w/ a towel under him and play for about 10 min after each diaper change...keep using a warm wet cloth to clean him, nothing else. It is ok to use an antibiotic ointment like neosporin or bacitracin if his skin is starting to crack. If the diahrea continues, call the Ped, that is excessive and probably not totally attributable to teething.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Something for his diaper rash is "triple paste". It is a rash cream that my doctors office gives samples of and you can also buy it at walmart or a drug store. It is a little expensive, but is amazing and the only thing that worked for my daughter. It takes it away quick too.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 3:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• with my lil girl i saw diaper rash sometimes that got worse after wiping n i tried about 5 dif creams n nothing worked so i started blowing the area dry real gentle like until she was all dry n then put the diaper back on after a day or so of this her diaper was usually gone....just moisture irritating her...
    Killemo

Answer by Killemo at 12:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2008