I find part of this story rather fishy . . .

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/27605308/detail.html 

BARTOW COUNTY, Ga. -- The husband of a Bartow County woman who went missing for nearly a week sat down with Channel 2's Linda Stouffer to explain why his wife disappeared.

Abed Suleiman said it all started as a misunderstanding via text message.

Suleiman said his wife, Wazineh, told him she was sleeping when really she was shopping.

"Problem No. 1 was she lied to me," Abed Suleiman said.

He then texted her, stating, "I'm gonna kill you."

The mother of five disappeared, telling her children that she was going to rent a Redbox movie at a Walmart in Cartersville, according to her husband. But she never returned. The story began to garner national headlines as the search continued.

Looking back, Abed Suleiman said he regrets sending the text because it appeared threatening.

"The worst choice of words I could have used. Of course, I don't mean it literally," Abed Suleiman said.

Abed Suleiman sent an email to Channel 2 stating that he and his wife wanted to get their message to the public.

However, when Stouffer arrived, Abed Suleiman said he would do all the talking and his wife did not wish to speak.

Abed Suleiman said of his wife's disappearance that she slept in their SUV for one night, then went to a Cobb County women's shelter.

A family member negotiated her return over the weekend, Abed Suleiman said.

Abed Suleiman said his family is now "happier than ever."

I bolded the part about the man saying he'd do all the talking.  I'm enough of a cynic that that sets off a red flag with me.

tinamatt

Asked by tinamatt at 10:52 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Very fishy. That woman, and probably the children, are in a very bad place. I pray they can find a way to get out safely and get the help they need, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Abed Suleiman said he regrets sending the text because it appeared threatening

It "appeared" threatening? What other way is there to take that? "I'm gonna kill you." Nope, I just stretched my mind and couldn't decipher any other meaning from those four words.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree, this is very odd, I'm thinking she should have stayed at the shelter... :o( And if "I'm gonna kill you" isn't threatening, wth is?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Could you bold this too....

Another odd way to state something!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Very odd choice of words..."I'm gonna kill you" for saying she was sleeping instead of shopping? Wonder why she felt the need to lie to him about it and then apparently took his words seriously enough to disappear for a week?

Yeah, something very fishy going on.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 11:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• it's been all over the news here in GA. It was fishy from day one. The guy just looks like a chauvinistic pig...i don't buy his crap for a second.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would bet money that this is an abusive relationship.
    Sofiabug

Answer by Sofiabug at 11:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Ooooh, I don't like it. That scares me. Poor woman and her kids! Negotiated her return? What?
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What mother would leave BY HERSELF to go to a woman's shelter and not bring her children--at least her youngest?!

Definitely an abusive relationship. He probably beat the crap out of her, so she slept in the SUV and then stayed at a shelter until her visible injuries healed.

It's one thing to verbally SAY "I'm gonna kill you," it's another to WRITE/TEXT it to someone who then "coincidentally" goes missing!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Negotiated what? There is something very very wrong in that house.
    MamaTrombley

Answer by MamaTrombley at 1:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2011