I need help on how to deal with this please..PLEASE!

a little back story: I have had this friend for a couple years, we've hung out every so often but i didnt look at him romantically or anything, he was a little bit younger, and seemed immature...about 6 months go by and all of a sudden he walks into my work in his army uniform, a completely changed man...he's slimmed down, hes matured a lot....my jaw completely drops....then i get a text from him and we talk a bit and he tells me hes deploying to afghanistan in about a month n a half and he begs me to go out on a date with him...I told him no at first but he kept telling me he has liked me for so long that all he asks is for one date and if i dont feel anything that'll be the end of it...the date went well and i never noticed how thoughtful and caring he is...so sweet...well, we end up kissing and he spent the night at my house that night (just cuddling and talking) and a couple days later he goes back to kansas where hes stationed....we continue talking, but i try to keep these walls up because i knew he was leaving and i didnt want to start a relationship because it would be hard...the night before he left i broke down crying....i finally stopped acting like a hard a$$ and admitted that i have feelings for him...strong feelings...the next day before he gets deployed i have this gut feeling that i want to be with him and only him and either way itll be hard, but i care so much for him, and i told him that if he still wanted to be together i wanted to give it a shot...he said yes....hes been gone for a week tonight, hell be gone a year...a lot of people think im crazy for dating him after such a short time and having to wait a year, but he gets r&r in about 4 months so ill see him for a little bit then, and faithfulness is not a problem with me...when i really like someone, im stuck on them, ive never been one to cheat...havent talked to him much but ive been praying a lot and it doesnt matter to me how long i get to talk to him as long as i know hes ok, thats all that matters to me...i have so much anxiety because hes infantry...so my questions are how can i deal with this in the best way possible? when i write him what are the best things to say without making him sad?

KayleesMommy89

Asked by KayleesMommy89 at 11:01 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Well you will most likely have different ways of communication. Internet, which opens up skype, phone calls and letters. I would just communicate everything. It is a great way to get to know someone because you can talk and talk and really know whats going on inside someones head. I don't really think there are best things to say. You are going to have ups and downs as will he. Let him know that you are there to listen and hopefully he will be there to listen to you. Just make sure that it is not all negative and you should be fine. You will be able to send care packages and things as well which will keep him going.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:06 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm sending a hug because I don't have good answers. It'll take a lot of strength, that is for sure.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• This is so romantic! :) I pray he will be alright, and that you will know what to say :)
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 11:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• thanks ya'll! haha jtruax..."romantic"....haha....yeah i guess it is lol....but i cant help it....when he calls me baby i get butterflies in my stomach and i feel like a kid again with my first crush....hes an amazing guy and im willing to wait a year for him....the hardest part is wondering if hes ok all the time
    KayleesMommy89

Comment by KayleesMommy89 (original poster) at 11:11 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Write to him about your life, tell him you miss him etc. My sister did the EXACT same thing! She started dating a guy 2 weeks before he left for Afghanistan, he has been home since March and they are due to get married this June. :) Send him pictures, I know those were meanigful to my sisters man.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:12 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Just remind him that you are still waiting and can't wait til you meet again...that's if that is what you want to do hey anything is possible GL Girl before you know it it will be a year just keep yourself busy during that time. Hang in there remember if you don't want him someone else will have him so stick with him.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Stay positive. Good luck.
    yummysmummy

Answer by yummysmummy at 1:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011