Could this happen?

I know anything is possible but can a tiny chihuahua dog get a large size golden retriever pregnant?
There's a male dog in our backyard we get him to leave only to find him there again.
What to do?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pets

• slapping foreheadDid the chihuahua stand on a stool? lol highly doubtful

madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 11:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I'm gonna guess no...but I am not an expert. I am just not sure how that could work.
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 11:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• LOLOLOLOL...funny madsmom314 good one I am hoping nothing happened but just curious. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• My guess would be no... That would take some serious maneuvering!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:16 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• it is %100 percent possible to breed a golden to a chihuahua. However, it is extremely unlikely that it occurred unassisted. I would think it physically impossible for a male golden to breed a female Chihuahua (talk about split in half. O.O) and the height difference makes it impossible for a male chihuahua to breed a female golden without something to climb on or human assistance. I think you're safe but it never hurts to keep an eye out for changes just in case.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 11:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Its harder but not impossable. I have seen some crazy mixs. If your dog is in heat I certainly would not leave her out unattended. If you get her spayed you would not have to worry about this.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:32 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• The answer is yes.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:45 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I've seen it before- you'd be surprised at some of the mixes I've seen! I've also seen a large female dog lay down for a small male dog. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011