Extream Coupons

I understand the coupons and I love that fact that a few of them give away the stuff to oher people. That's awesome..
What I don't understand is that they never buy meat - That is what's most expensive for us. and what about fresh fruit and veg's?
I admit, I have looked few web sites and even bought a Sunday paper two weeks ago. I did notice soda on sale at one store. I don't know, that I really saved that much but we have five cases of soda in my pantry.
Anyone else looked up web-site and found it worth all the time? Saved much money? Does t equeal out in time and money?

SassySue123

Asked by SassySue123 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Shopping

• Your best bet for finding good prices on meats and veggies is comparing store circulars. Each place will have specials on different things. So instead of going into one store and buying everything you make a list of what meat and vegetable you want at one store and then head to another store for the items that are well priced there. This works if you have quite a bit of time on your hand. I don't usually have a lot of time for shopping so I save by buying large packages and dividing them down into smaller portions. Veggies your just have to go with what is on sale. Also a great way to find veggies is local farmers markets, sometimes you can get great prices there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:14 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I save 50% of each grocery bill. I buy meat and fresh fruits and veggies.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:08 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• guess what i was sota asking, is that they show these people buying all this stuff saving all this money, but they don't buy meat or veg's BUT my question, went in a different direction.. Sorry... SO, what is their acual spending per month?
    SassySue123

Comment by SassySue123 (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I think it depends on where you live, I know that some of my local chain stores, such as Shaws Supermarket has a lot of meats and other on sale each month. Many times you can find coupons for meats from the manufacturer, depending on who they are, in fact I found one today for Sara Lee meats, deli or frozen.
    kaydeeraffe

Answer by kaydeeraffe at 11:57 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• SO, what is their acual spending per month?

The people on those shows aren't eating meat or produce. They're eating frozen pizza, tv dinners and rice a roni, with a Butterfingers chaser and Pepsi by the case. A normal couponer who eats real food that doesn't come from boxes spends on average $200/mo. (that's what we spend for a family of 3) It includes our meat, produce, dairy and our non-food items like tp, laundry soap, etc. We also don't buy 70 bottles of mustard. I'll admit I have bought 12 bottles once, but they were free, and we're still using them - haven't bought it since ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:04 PM on Apr. 21, 2011

• EXTREAM?
    Is that anything like extreme coupons?
    I don't think there are many coupons for meat and produce unless the store itself issues them. Our grocery stores here---Cub foods and our Super Target will feature coupons for meat and produce.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011