My 5 yr old told me this happened at school today

she said her friend (boy) in her KG class unbuttoned her shirt. (they wear uniforms) and pulled her shirt down and exposed her chest. Now she didnt say those exact words, she's only 5. She SHOWED me what he did. My question is are they still too young right now to be worried about anything or should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would mention it to the teacher so she can keep an eye on the offending student and make sure it doesn't happen again. Next time it could be lifting a skirt and then we are crossing a line. While I wouldn't freak out just yet I would make the school aware it happened and that you would rather it did not occur again.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I would talk to her teacher. It may have been just a kid being a kid or not but the teacher needs to know so she can make sure the behavior is corrected as that shouldn't happen.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• A first grader raised her shirt up to my son and has also made strange underwear comments to him. He is totally clueless. I found it concerning...I asked the teacher if it was normal. She said it was neither normal but not abnormal either....I'm a tad suspicious and would be of the boy in your dd's class....
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:13 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sometimes that could show a sign that the boy has been abused in some way. Definatly talk to the teacher, he could just be curious about the human body, or he may have had no idea he was doing anything wrong, maybe he saw it at home or in a movie. Children mimic anything they see adults do.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:15 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• He probably did not know any better, but he really should be corrected before he gets smacked by some girl for doing something like that.
    jtruax

Answer by jtruax at 11:17 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It something feels not right to you....is for a reason. This incident might be a one time thing. Demand from the teacher some explanation.
    Anonymous

• I'd just talk to the teacher and see what she thinks. At this point, she knows the attitudes and behavior of each kid pretty well, so she should be able to say if it's something to be concerned about or if he was just goofing off.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have told my children that nobody should be putting their hands on them at school except the nurse if they are sick. I would contact the teacher and tell her what happened. You also need to be sure to tell your daughter what you want her to do if he tries it again. She needs to know that she should not just stand there and do nothing. I hope it doesn't happen again...good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I kept my calm didnt want to show any real concern in front of her bc she is still so innocent. As he may be as well. Sometimes you just never tho thats why i wanted others opinions as well...thank
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Went and talked with the teacher this morning. I wanted to wait a day just to make sure her story didnt change any. The teacher said she was glad I came and told her about it and that'd she keep an eye on it. She sadi she's noticed the little boy has been changing a bit so he may be going thru something and will keep a close eye on him just incase.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Apr. 21, 2011