Why are there very few stores that carry plus sized maternity clothes?

Uh... I am an 18W and am having a super difficult time finding clothes. :(

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 3:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well, here is your opportunity! When you find something like this, you know what you have to do.. open one!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Have you tried Motherhood? If you don't have one near you try online. I think it's Motherhood.com. That's where I bought almost all of my maternity clothes. I'm a lot bigger than 18, so I know they'll have stuff for you. Good luck!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was going to say Motherhood Maternity online also. I noticed a very nice plus size selection in the store I went to when I was preggo so if you don't have one check online. If you don't like their stuff then do a Google search. The benefit of maternity shopping online: No Dressing Rooms! They were my worst enemy when preggo!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I used the internet. I'm about the same size as you. I had luck with Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy. Old Navy is great, because you can return to the stores. Some stores actually do carry it in store, but I know Motherhood doesn't. I wished I could've tried stuff on, though.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008