Animal toys. . .

So I have picky pets. . . seriously they don't like to play with most toys you can get for pets at a store etc. A little back ground. . . I have two dogs and a cat--all three love catnip. lol. . .anyhow I do a lot of sewing and crafting and decided I would create some toys for them with the scraps I had left over. . . big success! The cat toy is a mouse with a four foot long ribbon tail and filled with old rice (dry/uncooked) and catnip while the dogs' toy is filled with old plastic bags and bottles so it crinkles just the way they like (No worries it is double layered so they won't get hurt on the filling and once it is torn I will repair it. . .)
Anyhow. . . was wondering how many of you make toys for your pets and how? what do your pets like about the toys?

Kirs

Asked by Kirs at 11:25 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Pets

• I make my own version of a feeder ball by recycling empty soda bottles. I poke holes in the bottles big enough for small, dry treats to fit through, fill the bottle with the treats and cap it. They will roll the bottle around for hours trying to get the treats out and they love the sound the bottle makes. If they break it, I use the bottom half of that bottle as a planter and get another empty bottle and do it all over again. Cheap and green.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My oldest dog has never been one to really play with toys. She prefers bones. My other two are easy give them a tennis ball and they are happy.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• oh and do your kids help with the making of them? My DD loves to sew so she helps a lot with it.
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• MamaStuart that is a brilliant idea! I am going to have to try it :)
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011