Potty Training Help

Is it normal after a kid has been fully potty trained during the day to start having accidents after night potty training?

My son will be 5 years old in August. He has been potty trained since he was 3. A few months ago I started night potty training. He's had no accidents at night. Once we started night potty training, he started wetting him pants during the day again. Is this something I should be concerned about or will he get back on track with things soon? Sometimes I think its just being lazy, because I sometimes have to make him get up and go to the bathroom. Otherwise he'll just sit there, then change his clothes if he pees his pants.

Has anyone else experienced this? How long did it take to get things back to normal?

My big concern is if this continues much longer, he will not be able to go to kinder this next year.

Apple_Pie2010

Asked by Apple_Pie2010 at 11:29 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I was a nanny a boy the same age same thing...he would wet the bed constantly. it is being on it consistently. my daughter is 2 fully potty trained day and night. i put a portible potty in her room so she can go whenever she needs to and i dont have to be there. make it fun make up a song, we gave her treats whenever she used the potty! i hope i helped a little
    Tiewaz

Answer by Tiewaz at 11:33 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Tiewaz. I'm not sure if you just didn't read the question. Or if I did word things right. My problem is NOT him wetting the bed. As I stated he has had no accidents at night. Thanks for offering the suggestions though, I'll keep it in mind for my younger DS.
    Apple_Pie2010

Comment by Apple_Pie2010 (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• my son went through a little faze where he wouldnt take the time to go to the bathroom. i made him put the dirty clothes in the washer and told him that i wouldnt touch them because that was really gross. told him that he was a great big boy now and he knows better and if he makes a gross mess like that, he has to clean it up. after that day he never did it again.
    AbsynthLynn

Answer by AbsynthLynn at 12:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2011