Why does my 7 week old have an extreme fussy time starting at 7pm?

Wondering if there are any other mothers out there who have experienced this time of day where their newborn tends to have a super fussy time in the evening time. It's seriously like clock work! It lasts until 1030 or later.  She's perfectly happy during the day, naps well and eats well. And NOTHING soothes her crying unless I bounce her. This of course, gets extremely tiring for me! Why does this happen EVERY evening????!!!!!!

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 11:31 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just what they do my daughter did the same thing, i could tell the time by it, it will go away
    Tiewaz

Answer by Tiewaz at 11:35 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• Sounds like she's overly tired by that time. Maybe try getting her settled down for sleep about a half hour before that!
    vano0528

Answer by vano0528 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• my oldest son did that he would have fussy time from 6-8 pm and after a few months the time changed to 5-8 pm it lasted for like 7 or 8 months :( but i found that a baby sling or carrier really helped!
    AshleyL1013

Answer by AshleyL1013 at 1:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Its not colic. It perfectly normal, my son did the same thing. It started around 1 month old and it lasted until he was around 4 months old. It is called the "witching hour". My son would cry usually for an hour or 2 every night like clockwork. We would just rock him until he tired himself out and fell asleep. I started to give him a bath every night around the time it would start to help calm him down. my sister had a boy the same age as my son and he did the same thing. they will eventually grow out of it.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 7:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• She is tired. Start bed time routine at 6:30 and have her sleep by 7. Most babies by that age she be in bed by 7-7:30
    sunshinesunrise

Answer by sunshinesunrise at 2:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011