Sick 17 month old with 104.5 fever, help! Take her in?

She's been sick two days with a cough and green goo from the eyes and nose and runny diapers. She had a fever of 104.1, took tylenol and an hour later is at 103.5, I don't want to move or stress her by taking her in but am I supposed to? What do I need to look for? Help.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 11:36 PM on Apr. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would atleast call a nurse hotline or something.
    Cherries12

Answer by Cherries12 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• She is lethargic and has been laying down with eyes barely open for the last 4 hours. I turned on mickey mouse and she's talking a little and cracked a few smiles.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• It's time. Too many days and a fever of 104.5 is dangerously close to the danger zone. If she were mine, I'd head to the ER.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I personally would take her in...it never hurts
    kvanness0824

Answer by kvanness0824 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• better to stress her out by taking her in than to leave her with that high of a fever! she could suffer brain damage with a fever that high for too long!! get that baby in to the ER stat! I hope she feels better soon!
    AbsynthLynn

Answer by AbsynthLynn at 11:40 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I looked it up and said not to take her in until the temp reaches 105, I called the nurse hotline and all nurses were on calls, they will call me back in 20 minutes
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• if you are not going to take her in at least battle that fever with meds. the best way to break a fever that high is to alternate doses of acetaminophen and ibuprofen. use a cold compress on her forehead. though i do recommend taking her in asap. a fever that high would be a sign of an infection.
    AbsynthLynn

Answer by AbsynthLynn at 11:46 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• she took a dose of tylenol around 7pm, the nearest hospital is a toll bridge away and 30 minute drive, still waiting for the nurse to call back.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 11:49 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• I agree, take her in.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 19, 2011

• is the toll and gas money really worth more than your child? wow
    AbsynthLynn

Answer by AbsynthLynn at 11:53 PM on Apr. 19, 2011