good start formula

Any one else use this formula? Whats the difference between that and enfamil Lipil with iron?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in General Parenting

• Enfamil doesn't make their poop turn green...Good start has Lipids, Enfamil has Lipil...no idea what the difference is but Enfamil is closer to breastmilk IMO because the poop looks the same as breastfed babies. which is why i prefer Enfamil over anything, even Parents choice. No, i'm not bashing those that use the other stuff, it's just what i prefer.
    Anonymous

• There really isn't a difference--The Lipil in the enfamil is the DHA and ARA which is also in the Expecta that they make for nursing and pregnant women. Just use what works best for your baby, it may take some experimentation.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• goodstart did not constipate my kids, So that says something good. But I think that they have changed it since my kids used it. Not sure anymore.
    Anonymous

• Ohh so her poop being green is from the good start? because it wasnt like that before! Will it turn back after she gets use to it? She just started the new formula 2 days ago
    Anonymous

• no, it won't turn back, having green poop from formula (except Enfamil, in my experience only) is normal. so she'll more than likely keep having green poop...until she's off of formula of course. it also turns green if you switch from one formula to another.
    Anonymous

• My daughter never had green poop from formula. We had her on a few different ones due to what we thought was colic, but ended up being reflux. In any case, she is on Enfamil Lipil, but I think really that the FDA has to regulate all formulas so that they all contain the necessary nutrients. The Lipil is the DHA and ARA which are what makes Enfamil the closed to breastmilk you can get. Similac also has a formula with the DHA and the ARA that is called Similac Advanced. But I think that the goodstart has there own "formulation" with the breastmilk substitutes as well. Your child could take a while to adjust to a new formula so give it a week or two before you decide to switch back or to something else.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008